03 January 2013

GOALS: January 2013

I was so happy with how I did with my 5 goals from last month, that I am definitely going keep it going into the new year! 

For me, a few, simple goals are much easier to stick with than a blanket "resolution" statement -- Although I'm no stranger slightly unrealistic declarations (I WILL GET MY SHIT TOGETHER... by the END OF TODAY!) And while I think it's essential to DREAM BIG, I also know how easy it is to get carried away with a vision so phenomenal, that it quickly becomes overwhelming and unattainable.

So, some good advice, if you are struggling with the enormity of your awesome life ahead...

GOALS Post by OTL Blog | Image via Alt Design Summit.
(image via Alt Design Summit)

Start where you are : Like as in, what are you waiting for?  Right NOW is as good a time as any to start a good habit. Take a moment, after you read this maybe, to do something good for yourself. (Have a glass of water.  Easy, right?)
Use what you have : No need to wait to "get something" in order to do something.  Get creative and use what you have right in front of you.  Accomplishing a goal don't have to cost a damn thing.
Do what you can : ...and get better as you go. Being an expert or even sort of good at something the first time you try it shouldn't be the aim.  Enjoy being a beginner, it's SO FUN and there's no pressure to be perfect or get it "right" :)

Hope this New Year has been a welcome *restart* for those who need it. And for those who don't, I hope 2013 provides you with the challenge to make it even better than the year past! Get IT get IT.

^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^
My goals for January:
1. A food & drink post on the blog this month, made by myself.
2. Go running in the snow.
3. Read a book, stretch for 2. Half-way through one, I'll take it.
4. Re-pot my plants the right way, instead of just hoping for them not to die.
5. Take care of OTL biznass (proper license, business account, tax stuff -- uggh.)






No comments:

Post a Comment