07 July 2011

AmErica!

I hope your 4th was bangin.  I had a super one as well...massive consumption of drinks on the front stoop; Some yes-I-deserve-it-for-no-reason cookie dough ice cream WITH extra sprinkles; Boots, rain jackets, tents, in preparation of our 10-day backpacking trip to Banff, Canada; A run that ended too soon with a stand off and a bite by a pit bull,OW*; Couch relaxing and champagne sipping with my man and a wide-eyed kitty, while fireworks boomed and banged around us.  It was lovely.  MINUS the dog bite.







*I KNOW, RIGHT?  Yes, I was attacked by a pit bull on my run this holiday weekend.

Luckily, I've parted ways with my ipod addiction and was able to hear and spot the little asshole as he darted out.  The dog left two bite marks on my forearm and would have continued to attack, but somewhere deep inside my bad-assed alter ego rose up and said ..."OH. HELL. NAW."  So, instead of trying to run away (which wouldn't have worked anyway) I turned and faced the little f--ker. I puffed up my chest, balled my fists and yelled with all of my might:  "HEEEY!!! GET BACK DOG!  HEEY! NOT TODAY DOG!! NOT TO-DAY!! GET. BACK!!!"  Badass.  I must toot my own horn and say, I kept it real REAL.  The dog eventually backed up far enough for me to take some baby steps back away from its "territory," otherwise known as the public side walk.  I trotted home, had some tears and the boy promptly took me to file a police report and then to the hospital for shots.

A word to the wise (because I know you guys aren't fools): Be aware when you run.  I usually try to zone out on my runs, to relax and have a little zen, but remember, there are crazy drivers, bikers and dogs who aren't necessarily looking out for YOU.  And you the shit.  So, stay safe and run like the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment